Starting your business may not be as difficult as you think. There are several business planning tools, and finding the best business plan software for your needs will help you get started. There are a lot of business plan software options, and finding the best business plan software will ensure you have the best tools for your budding startup.
Entrepreneurs have a series of challenges when starting a new business. One of the most important is to obtain the cash to finance operations, and few new companies are profitable from the first moment. When looking for investors, you will need to have a solid business plan and some projections that show how your idea can become a profitable business.
Fortunately for you, there are a number of business planning software platforms to help. Each business planning software platform will offer you something different, and some will adapt better to your business idea than others. These platforms can also help you take your company to the next level and deliver the kind of data analysis that will allow you to compete on a larger scale.
Find the best business plan software
When you decide to take your idea to the market, you need to have something to show to potential investors. The business plan you generate will also help you stay focused and make sure you are achieving the things that will make your business a success.
These are some of the best business plan software options in today's market, so you can find the one that best suits your business needs.
Palo Alto Software live plan
Whether you need a strategic business plan or a financing plan to attract potential investors to expand your established business, Live Plan is one of the best options on the way to your goals.
The Palo Alto platform is designed for companies that are just beginning or that already have a business in operation. It has full compatibility with the industry standard QuickBooks and Xero accounting systems, although it will not allow you to import information directly from a spreadsheet.
The main focus of Live Plan is in business planning with a lot of features from a one-page business presentation, to business plan writing guidance and financial forecasts. It also has a control panel, which shows you how things are going at a glance.
LivePlan provides instructional videos and text descriptions of what should be done throughout the business plan construction process. In addition, the free blog has hundreds of articles on business planning issues. You don't have to think about how to use it, since the company and the community have already made many efforts to make the platform accessible.
The platform also offers you access to the latest market analysis and trends of the company. It has support and step-by-step guidance on where to find financial support, which makes it one of the best options for writing business plans.
LivePlan is priced at only $ 19.95 per month, with annual purchase discounts and a free trial offer, the platform is ideal for companies of any size. Unless you feel satisfied with the service, you will receive a money-back guarantee for 60 days, regardless of the plan you sign up for.
- When it comes to advantages, Live Plan has all the wonderful bright aspects that adapt to a new company or an existing business. There is probably a lot to see in this section.
- There are more than 500 templates in the LivePlan program to meet your needs. LivePlan also provides technology integration such as Xero and QuickBooks Online, to avoid the stress of data entry. As a result, it is much easier to update your business plan as needed.
- The platform also helps you export your project to a creditor or investor, which will help you if you need to present it. The benchmarking function is another powerful tool of LivePlan.
- LivePlan offers companies like yours the ability to compare the numbers and objectives of your business, so you can see where you are in relation to these benchmarks.
- It would be better if Live Plan can adjust third party integrations. Currently, a spreadsheet option to import financial data is missing. Currently, it only offers the possibility to import financial data from QuickBooks or Xero.
- As a result, you do not control the data or the period of time. This is a diversion for companies that are set up to track their monthly finances and use their own spreadsheets. In general, Live Plan does a lot for the money and is a good option for new businesses or SMEs.
Read our full LivePlan review here.
Created in 1996 by Fran Tarkenton, GoSmallBiz is a proven business plan software that provides an easy-to-use business planning tool that includes step-by-step templates with integrated advisory modules.
GoSmallBiz offers a range of online learning tools for those who start business planning, including business tutoring, business courses and weekly updates. It also provides users with the guidance of a CEO and real business planning specialist, so you can feel calm knowing that you will never be led in the wrong direction.
The platform also offers hundreds of company-specific models that create the exact business owners that require documents. And, after setting up automatic reminders, your virtual calendar administration will schedule meetings, appointments and client events.
Financial statements and projections are other excellent features of the platform. Business owners should conduct a detailed analysis of sales and earnings and observe earnings, cash flow and balance sheets. These tasks are easy to do with GoSmallBiz.
GoSmallBiz is reasonably priced at $ 39 a month, but you can choose your free 60-day trial if you want to see how it will work with your business model before making any decision.
- With GoSmallBiz, you have access to unlimited business inquiries and tutorials for any business related matter. In addition, consultants are selected for their knowledge and experience in the management of a small business. All the main advisors have run small businesses.
- The main advisors have a deep knowledge in one or more of the disciplines: taxes, accounting, marketing, finance, advertising, technology and business in general. These participants are chosen based on their wide range of experience, rather than the knowledge of the industry.
- An additional strength of GoSmallBiz are custom reports. One size certainly does not suit everyone when it comes to reports. Therefore, instead of requiring users to use the same reporting forms, GoSmallBiz provides customized reports to meet customer needs.
- Finally, GoSmallBiz gives you the opportunity to analyze the water before deciding if the service meets your needs or not with a free 60-day trial.
- The financial tools that GoSMallBiz includes are powerful, but they can be difficult to use to create balance sheet forecasts, income statements and cash flow statements in the proper format without using a spreadsheet or preparing your own statement.
- There is also a lack of export capabilities, along with certain specific integrations with common third-party software, particularly accounting and business intelligence applications. Like Live Plan, this may not be the best option for an established company.
- However, since GoSmallBiz was primarily defined as a single business plan document, rather than a long-term planning method, it is understandable that the company has not included these features.
EquityNet was created in 2005 as the only patented and original capital crowdfunding platform with only $ 2.1 million in funds. The platform links competent investors with new companies that seek to increase from $ 10,000 to $ 10 million.
In the last 12 months he has managed to raise more than $ 115 million with more than 100,000 entrepreneurs and investors who use the site. The platform includes two value plans: one for investors and one for entrepreneurs.
EquityNet also offers, along with its crowdfunding platform, a cloud-based software that allows you to create a business plan that will be accessible to investors and help them decide if it is worth investing in your business.
Actually, you don't have to use EquityNet to raise funds, you can use technology to evaluate and optimize your business planning.
What sets EquityNet apart from others in this list of business plan software is that the software is not primarily focused on the development of business plans.
It is really a tool both for those looking for investments and for those who want to invest. However, its integrated business planning platform is well built and can help accelerate the financing of new businesses.
In terms of rates, EquityNet is priced at $ 199 per month for analytical tools and crowdfunding. The platform also offers you a free version of business planning features, which allows you to consult business and financing profiles, create your business plan as a guide and view investor profiles.
- Equity Net offers unique services that link entrepreneurs with investors with a business planning tool to enable this process. EquityNet is not for any business and is expensive compared to other options on this list. The platform works best for those seeking funds from abroad and the free version can attract entrepreneurs who want to create impressive charts and graphs.
The main focus of Equity Net is also its drawback: it is a platform built to acquire capital from investors. Equity Net's development is based on crowdfunding contributions from investors it doesn't know. If you only need a plan to sell your local Angel investor about your ideas, EquityNet is probably excessive.
Recognized as a solid platform with many features and an intuitive design, PlanGuru offers great value for small and medium businesses, which makes it one of the most solid business plan software options.
PlanGuru provides financial statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements as one of the main budget and forecast programs. In addition, the business plan application provides more than 20 forecasting techniques to help with tasks such as the development of custom market drivers, including non-financial information as well.
PlanGuru Analytics, a cloud-based finance panel and a reporting tool is a fully customizable interface that helps accountants and financial advisors monitor key business performance and track financial KPIs. PlanGuru also provides a sophisticated Excel report plug-in that allows accountants to manage PlanGuru data in Excel and generate reports.
For complete information about the product, users can watch tutorial videos or check the training material on their website.
PlanGuru pricing plans are available with 3 options:
- PlanGuru Startup ($ 99) with a fully integrated balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement, and more, can create forecasts for up to 10 years.
- PlanGuru Basic ($ 399) includes setup plus 60-day money back guarantee, import services for QuickBooks and Excel, and more.
- PlanGuru Enhanced ($ 799) with standard functions plus the subtotalization function of the equipment account; combine an unlimited number of predictions; business valuation tool; Participation tools of qualified accountants.
- Guru Plan (PG) is a friendly and flexible application to create cash flow reports. It also creates a perfect budget and forecast for users, and compares the budget with the actual results. The platform keeps your company in the cash and KPI tracking automatically. As a user for the first time, the learning curve is shallow, which means it is easy to use.
- The platform has a good design and is similar to the Excel format. PG also has a very responsive and knowledgeable support team. Finally, for those in the administration who only want to verify KPIs, they can log in with Analytics and get a quick idea of how things are going.
- PG is limited to monthly subscriptions, and the minimum monthly cost of $ 99 is higher than many competitors. It provides a cloud-based version and costs an additional $ 45 per month, so PG requires you to download your laptop and simply run it on a Windows PC.
It is important to create a business strategy for business success, and business planning technology will make it easy and achievable. StratPad is one of many excellent resources for small businesses that can help with the development of business plans, financial forecasts and more.
The StratPad business plan software includes several excellent features. All software configuration is clear, easy to use and well organized. StratPad is one of the best educational tools for free business planning. It also has an integrated system that links startups with financing sources.
One of StratPad's key tools focuses on creating business plans. Other tools include the ability to make financial projections that are simple and complex. Through StratPad, you can even get support by requesting funds.
While the program itself is very useful, being able to connect to the Internet and get the support of qualified commercial trainers makes it a very valuable tool, which separates StratPad from other commercial software
Entrepreneurs can use StratPad to monitor and report progress when discussing their business plan with partners and coworkers. StratPad also offers video tutorials of useful workshops, online webinars and commercial toolkits for download.
- The simplicity of this platform is a constant compliment from real-world users. StratPad provides a free account without trial options, as well as many educational resources, such as workshops, video tutorials, interactive webinars and downloadable commercial toolkits.
- The application is very easy for new users and has a step by step construction process with detailed explanations at all times. In addition, it automatically creates charts, graphs and appendices based on the data you provide. The platform also allows you to synchronize with QuickBooks to facilitate the entry of information.
- StratPad is a cloud-based business plan software suitable for business owners and consultants who need a simple tool to create and ensure their data is secure and accessible.
- StratPad is not the cheapest product on the market. Although it provides you with many tools, it will not be an excellent way to undertake with little cash at your disposal.
- Their services cost 29.99 GBP / month, while service providers such as LivePlan continue to charge only $ 19.95 USD / month. StratPad does not have the ability to add comments to the business plan.
- In addition, StratPad lacks examples of quality business plans that users can learn from.
Atlas Business Solutions Definitive Business Plan
Atlas Business Solutions (ABS) Ultimate Business Planner 5.0 will start with a fairly easy-to-use looking assistant that will guide you through the process of creating a business plan and financial forecasts. Your Ultimate Business Planner works to help determine if it is worth pursuing your business idea or if you need to reassess your vision for a more successful business.
The good thing here is that it has advanced functionality, although the software can still help new entrepreneurs.
The window-based software has more than 1000 sample business plans to test and integrate with Microsoft Excel, Adobe PDF and QuickBooks to guide you through the business planning process. Ultimate Business Plan also offers many functions to start your business and helps you with many necessary forms and documents, including financial projections and forecasts.
There are also many resources available, such as a valuable SBA date, as well as free technical support for a limited time. Ultimate Business Planner is priced at $ 99.00 per year for a single user license. The more users you add, the greater the discount, so for 10 users, the cost is only $ 549.
- This is one of the cheapest options compared to other software and easy to use, given all the features that are included. Simple reports are easy to make, use and print.
- The platform provides a multi-user option, that way the different departments of the company can enter information independently of each other. It allows your company to edit the narrative to improve the writing if it is generated automatically, which is a good selling point.
- There are no major inconveniences on the platform, although it is not the cheapest option that exists. In general, it is a solid platform and could work well for your company.
Visit Atlas Business Solutions
If you are looking for software that can support your business, not only for business planning, but also when looking for new investors, see Enloop. The platform is a simple and sophisticated software package for writing business plans online. Use Enloop to guide you through each step, avoid mistakes and save time.
Two features that differentiate Enloop are Autowrite and TextSync. With Autowrite, Enloop generates the business plan text framework using the information you have entered carefully (such as financial forecasts and management history).
While the Autowrite function provides a greater degree of structure for business plans, the TextSync function is what makes Enloop stand out. When using the TextSync function, the elements are updated automatically and the "data bubbles" are synchronized each time there is a change in the numbers.
Companies with simple text and no images can find Enloop a perfect option because the software allows them to test their business plan functionality for free with a free version. You must pay at least $ 19.95 USD per month for anything else. Enloop helps business owners create business plans quickly and easily with a paid version as well.
- Enloop prices are quite competitive and it is also a suitable alternative for those with a limited budget. Enloop offers unique features like AutoWrite, which provides the main text of your business strategy automatically, while TextSync synchronizes your data to keep the plan updated.
- Advanced and professional packages are included with your lower priced plan. There is also a free version, but it still lacks some of the features you will probably need eventually. You can access the application at any time with a cloud-based software. Enloop is also compatible with all major operating systems.
- Enloop does not integrate with Quickbooks, Xero or other accounting software like other business planning software; Therefore, you must enter your own financial data and do not have much help for beginners. Apart from that, it is an amazing option for companies that need to put together their plan!
NetEkspert is known for helping entrepreneurs and businesses create business plans, design financial models and optimize opportunities for project financing. It is likely that NetEkspert has increased its reputation with the launch of iPlanner software.
iPlanner.NET is a business performance management software with features such as dashboard, key performance indicators, qualitative analysis and strategic planning. iPlanner.NET is available as a SaaS code for system requirements.
Creating a fast business plan is quite easy with the support of iPlanner.NET. However, the software seems more geared towards helping consultants and advisors create business plans for their clients, rather than users creating a business plan for their own use.
Because of this approach, most of their planning and guidance tools are created for consultants, rather than the advanced creation of business plans.
IPlanner.NET pricing plans are based on the number of project entities saved in the program.
A business unit or nonprofit agency generally produces a one-year Strategic Plan plan. There are six price levels, ranging from A to F. Since iPlanner.NET comes with fewer functions for real business planning, the process is much simpler and the price is quite affordable.
- The iPlanner.NET designer offers a clear and flexible configuration for collaborative planning among many group members in an organization. All of your business planning packages allow you to have infinite partners and assign people three different roles: Project owners, consultants and viewers.
- The platform has the ability to operate in offline mode and then integrated back into online mode could be useful for some companies. IPlanner costs start at $ 49 USD / year, which is much cheaper than many comparable services in the market.
- A clear advantage is the multiple output tools, where the final document can be exported to Microsoft Word, HTML or as a PDF file.
- iPlanner does not have a monthly package for any of its services nor does it offer a free trial or version. It also requires users to have basic English skills, which can be a disadvantage for an international startup that has no employees who speak English.
The business plan store
Business Plan Shop is an excellent option that you cannot ignore if you need to create a simple business plan. The program is easy to use and provides the appropriate areas to serve interested parties. It does an excellent job of making financial projections easy for those who are not accountants.
Financial forecasting is easy with The Business Plan Shop, as the software will handle this difficult part of any business for you and prepare all the documents you need for your financing to be approved: a monthly cash flow forecast for the first year and a complete joint report of financial statements of 3 or 5 years.
You can export your document in PDF or MS Word format once you have created your financial forecast and written your business plan. Most of the format is handled with its technology, which saves you time and guarantees a professional-looking file that improves your reputation with investors.
Business Plan Shop offers a functional tool for creating business plans for a three-month subscription, starting at $ 25. If you go to long-term service, you can opt for the Annual Pro option, which is priced at $ 96.
The price of The Business Plan Shop services is attractive because it only needs $ 8 per month. In addition, you have 7 days to test the software without adding payment information.
- Whether the plan is to create a financial forecast or write a winning business plan, The Business Plan Shop has it completely covered. You have many opportunities to customize the elements of the business plan. In addition, there are also clear guides and examples available at each step of your business planning process.
- The Business Plan Store provides support for writing a good business plan, but primarily for people who have a decent understanding of the items that should be in the documents. Beginners or those seeking guidance on how to write a plan may find it less useful or may want to pass their results to a consultant.
- The ability to import financial information from accounting software such as QuickBooks and Xero, but not spreadsheets, can also be an obstacle for established companies, since they probably have their own spreadsheets.
Visit the business plan store
There are so many options for your company when it comes to the best business plan software, it might be difficult for you to know where to start.
Be sure to review the features offered by a platform and get the one that you think will offer the most to your company for your money.
Most of the platforms on this list work from a subscription business model, so you won't have any problem switching to another platform if you want to try something else later.
The choice for us is clearly, LivePlan: they offer most of the features in a well-designed package for a reasonable monthly fee. Its offer is modern, clean and full of features, so we do not hesitate to recommend them as the best option to create your business plan.
If you want to read more about LivePlan, see our full review.
Editorial Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are only those of the author, not those of any bank or credit card issuer and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of these entities.
Disclaimer: The answers below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. The responses have not been reviewed, approved or supported by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to ensure that all publications and / or questions are answered.[ad_2]